Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A big thanks to the SQL Community for SQLSaturday #101



Kansas City is definitely a fun place to be, but it got a lot more exciting on the Saturday of 10/29, thanks to the rocking SQLSaturday #101 event !

This was my third SQL Saturday event, but my first one in Kansas City as well my first time speaking. Our usual St.Louis SQL Saturday gang was augmented with quite a few first time attendees from St.Louis. The  Friday night speakers dinner at  Boulevard Brewery was an excellent opportunity to network with other speakers, organizers & volunteers, while watching the Cardinals win the world series. Coupled with delicious food and great beer, the evening was a perfect start to a weekend of SQL learning.

Cerner's Riverport campus is quite an impressive facility. After completing the check-in real quick, we were faced with the tough decision of choosing what sessions to attend. I wish SQL Saturday sessions were recorded like the PASS Summit. Its unfair to have to choose between so many great learning opportunities. The sessions were a perfect mix of experienced and first time speakers.

I really appreciate that I was given the opportunity to speak at this session. I sincerely thank every one who attended my session, even though it was the last session of the day. Service Broker was something I really got interested in after attending Aire Jones's session at  SQLSaturday #82 - Indianapolis 2011 . I learned a lot through trial and error while implementing Service Broker on several projects at work. My experiences through all this was my inspiration behind creating this beginner level session. The slide deck is available for download at SQLSaturday #101 - KC website Link to download slide deck. I am still having some trouble uploading my demo scripts there, so please drop me an email & I will send them over.

After surviving through this exciting experience , we headed over to the Raffle, where several lucky winners walked away with iPads & Kindles. As per our SQL Saturday tradition, we went out for Sushi before heading back to the Lou that night.

2 comments:

  1. Sanil,

    It was great meeting you again and I'm glad you had the opportunity to speak. Be careful though, speaking is addictive. With that being said I look forward to when I have the opportunity to sit in on one of your next presentations. Maybe the STLSSUG??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scott, I really appreciate the opportunity. I am definitely looking forward to a chance to speak at STLSSUG !

    ReplyDelete